DANMAR S.A. was established in 1985 in Guatemala City as a family owned steamship agency providing full agency and husbandry services for liner and tramp vessels.
As our customer base grew, new opportunities emerged which allowed us to adapt our ‘know how” and diversify into other logistical sectors. In addition to our traditional maritime services, our portfolio of services now also includes: air cargo services, cargo inspections, NVOCC operations, third party container management and other logistics services.
The constantly changing Guatemalan market and its specific regulations pose a challenge to any logistics company interested in doing business in this territory. DANMAR has set out to provide a comprehensive solution to this challenge by bringing together proven expertise. This local knowledge combined with modern technologies and the ability to adapt to our customers needs enables us to provide a cost-effective and efficient solution for our principals.
- Maersk temporarily pauses Red Sea routings after new attacks
- Fresh surcharges pile up for Asia-Europe shippers amid Red Sea attacks
- California regulator gives temporary reprieve on zero-emission drayage enforcement
- Container shipping digs in for new phase of Red Sea security risk
- Red Sea crisis amplifies existing strain between carriers, shippers: analyst
- Forwarder market share, margins shrank in 2023 as rates normalized
Air Cargo News
- Steady rise in passenger capacity undermining air freight rate growth
- Freight transport’s ‘new normal’ marked by slower growth
- Surging e-commerce demand lifts Hong Kong air cargo into peak season
- DHL, Teamsters agree on tentative pact, ending Cincinnati hub strike
- Deutsche Bahn launches long-awaited sales process for DB Schenker unit
- Rise in trans-Pacific air freight rates tempered by weak underlying market